Thursday, June 14, 2007

O-Kaaay...


Get this.

I went to see a urologist on the advice of my GP, in order to figure out why I've been getting urinary tract infections over the last 4 or 5 years. So I'm there and they take some urine and blood samples and book me for what I thought was going to be a simple ultrasound, on June 28th.

Well, I guess I should have paid more attention to what the receptionist was saying. Today, the Miserocordia Hospital called me to confirm some information and while talking to that lady I noticed that the checked procedure is a Flexible Cystoscopy.

Uh, that's not what I thought I was going in for!

I've had an endoscopic procedure done before so I know what "flexible" and "scopy" mean. So the lady from the Mis told me to call the urologist's office and have them actually explain the procedure to me.

Well, I decided to go online first and read all about the procedure before I called them to make sure I hadn't misinterpreted or missed some clue while booking the appointment. After reading the information on Wikipedia I'm pretty sure they didn't "explain" it to me in detail enough. Either that or they just assumed I knew what I was getting into.

Anyway, I called the urologist and left a long, unabridge message about my concerns before running a few errands. After getting home I was not surprised to discover that the receptionist had called me back. So, I returned her call and she explained to me that the procedure was very required and that the doctor would not book something that wasn't so.

Yeah, right.

Regardless, the procedure is still a go, due to the fact she told me that the other tests confirmed the urologist's suspicions and that it would be a mistake to cancel it. So, I'm going to trust this doctor's judgement and go through with it.

Hopefully, this will answer some of my health concerns, not that I'm looking forward to having a "scope" inserted into my... well, you get the idea.

No comments: